Our Privacy Principles
If you read nothing else, please read this:
- The most fundamental privacy principle we follow is that by default anything you share with ARi belongs to you and is encrypted and anonymized as much as possible while allowing to provide you with valuable English learning content and better user experience.
- When you personalize your study process and give us access to your email we do not know what are your credentials as a user. We access your email through an API from your email provider. ARi stores words from user’s inbox and outbox into a database in a random order. We only store words from the last 30 days. ARi doesn’t store sentences and we can’t reconstruct the sentence, the meaning or the logic of the sentence. We refresh your word list every 24h.
- At ARi we believe that more transparency is better than less. We try to make our product easy to use, with settings and options that are easy to find and understand. This is good for privacy, good for the product, and good for ARi customers and users.
- Privacy goes hand in hand with Terms of Service. They are all very important to us and we take them very seriously.
Table of Contents
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
- SHARING INFORMATION
- DATA RETENTION
- PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACTING US
- LAST REVISION DATE
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Generally. All information ARi collects about you helps ARi learn about you in order to provide a better user experience. We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: - Information you provide to us directly. We collect and store personal information you provide when you register for our Service, whether by downloading the app or connecting with us via SMS text message, over-the-top (OTT) messaging services, email, or through our website, including your name, phone number, and email. ARi also collects all information you provide while using the Service (such as a history and content of your queries), as well as information about your use of the Service (such as the type of requests you typically make). All such information you provide is “User Content”. You control how much information you wish to share with the Service and what information you give the Service access to. Please do not share sensitive or private information, such as your social security number, bank account numbers or other financial information, or health information, as we cannot be responsible for safeguarding such sensitive information.
- Information we collect from your device. We also collect and store information that we are able to access from your device. For example, we may collect your vocabulary and English proficiency information and, with your consent, information stored in your calendar, your photos, the apps you use, and your address book or contact list. You may be able to adjust what information the Service may access from your device through your device settings. If you let us know that you are connecting to the Service on multiple devices, we may combine information we collect from these devices.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, and we may collect information about you that is publicly available. For example, if you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook, or invite ARi to participate in Facebook Messenger conversations, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. We will not post information about you on third party social media sites without your consent. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service. When we receive information about you from third parties, we will combine this information with information we receive directly from you.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service; to enhance our Service for the benefit of you and of other users; to provide personalized, responsive content to you and to other users; to communicate directly with you; and to permit you to communicate with others through the Service or invite others to join the Service.
2. SHARING INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below:
- When you ask us to. You can permit or instruct ARi to share your information with almost anyone at any time, and we will share your information as requested. For example, you may ask us to contact your friend on your behalf, or to find how a certain word may be used by a particular publication.. By using our Service, you consent to allow ARi to share relevant information with third parties as may be reasonably required to fulfil your requests and perform the Service.
- Other third parties with whom we may share your information. We may also share your data with: -- Other brands owned or controlled by BluewordAi Inc. and other companies owned by or under common ownership as ARi, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy; -- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include payment processing, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services; -- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and -- We may also share information in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
We may send you communications using the contact information you provide to us, such as your email and mobile number. We may also send you notifications within our mobile app or through your device. ARi will communicate with you in the same channel you contacted ARi – for example, if you text ARi, ARi will text you back - unless you opt-out of that communication channel or tell ARi not to use that channel. You can always “unsubscribe” from commercial email notifications by clicking the “unsubscribe button” in the bottom of the email, and you can opt out of receiving further text message communications by replying “STOP.” You may also be able to control your receipt of some of these notifications through your device settings. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account (e.g., account verification, payment or transaction confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices).
We may communicate with your friends or other third party contacts. If you ask us to contact your friend or a third party, ARi may assist you to create a communication on your device through your native messaging system. If you ask us to contact someone on your behalf, we may contact that person directly and will indicate that you have asked ARi to contact the person. If you want to invite a friend to join the Service, we will send the friend an email or SMS text message that will include your name to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store these contacts for purposes of alerting you when your contacts join ARi at a later time so that you may connect with them on the Service.
4. DATA RETENTION
Because ARi requires the information we collect to develop and provide our Service, we retain the information we collect, including your information and User Content, indefinitely. At your request, ARi will “forget” (i.e., delete) personal information that you do not want ARi to store. ARi may continue to use de-identified, anonymous information, including user content that is not associated with your profile information, to enhance and improve our Service.
5. ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Services, or to our users or visitors to our websites on other websites or apps, including on Facebook. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. You may be able to “opt out” of the collection of information through cookies or other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, and to learn how you may be able to opt-out of interest-based advertising from many online advertising networks, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access our service on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
ARi uses physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of the information we collect from our users. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. Please note that we are not equipped to secure sensitive personal information like social security numbers, bank account numbers, and other highly-personal information. ARi is not responsible for the security of this data, so we recommend that you do not provide anything to ARi that you consider to be especially sensitive.
7. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Your information collected through the Service will be stored and processed in Germany. BluewordAi Corp. in a U.S. company and is compliant with the laws governing data collection in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, and continue to use our service, you consent to the possible transfer of your information, including your personal information, to the United States and you consent to the processing of your information as permissible under United States law.
8. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. Please do not instruct ARi to contact anyone under 13 or to collect information from anyone under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
9. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
10. CONTACTING US
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected] or by writing to us at:
BluewordAi, Corp 255 Channing Way, #9. San Rafael, CA 94903
11. LAST REVISION DATE
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, September 15, 2016